Africa New Life exists to break the cycle of poverty in Rwanda by providing education, spiritual insight and basic necessities to poor children and families.
In partnership with Africa New Life Ministries (ANLM), Willamette Christian Church is serving poor and vulnerable children and their families, growing Christ-centered leadership, and developing best practices for ministry both in Rwanda and here at home.
We have seen first-hand, both the poverty and sorrow of this third world country, as well as the hope that is dawning as a result of the intentional, gospel-centered missions efforts of ANLM.
Through our partnership with ANLM, we are honored to be part of God’s BIG plan for raising up Christ-centered leadership in this tiny central-east African country.
We’re getting ready to send another team to Rwanda in October and would love for you to consider joining us! This is a great way to learn more about what God is doing in Rwanda and even meet your sponsored child.
If you’d like more information about this year’s trip or an application, please email Angie Rettmann.
Sponsorship is the heart of Africa New Life. Today, more than 7,000 children are sponsored at some of the best schools in Rwanda. By sponsoring a child, you help to break the cycle of poverty in Rwanda and free a child to dream. You change the world for one. In addition to education, each sponsored child receives shoes, a school uniform, scholastic materials and basic medical insurance. Children attend a bimonthly Christian day camp and a four-day Bible camp each fall. 90% of child sponsorship funds directly help your sponsored child in Rwanda. Your relationship as a sponsor is critical in your sponsored child’s life. As a sponsor, you are considered family. They love you, pray for you, and know you by name!
Join us in praying for Africa New Life and the children in Rwanda each month by signing-up for the monthly prayer calendar!
- Hotel Rwanda
- Sometimes in April
- Frontline: The Ghosts of Rwanda
- As We Forgive (Documentary)
- Beyond the Gates
- When Helping Hurts: How to Alleviate Poverty Without Hurting the Poor and Yourself, by Brian Fikkert and Steve Corbett
- Left to Tell: Discovering God Amidst the Rwandan Holocaust, by Immaculee Ilibagiza
- Led by Faith: Rising from the Ashes of the Rwandan Genocide, by Immaculee Ilibagiza
- We Wish to Inform You That Tomorrow We Will be Killed With Our Families: Stories from Rwanda, by Philip Bourevitch
- A Thousand Hills: Rwanda’s Rebirth and the Man Who Dreamed It, by Stephen Kinzer
- Land of a Thousand Hills, by Rosamund Halsey Carr and Ann Howard Halsey