Participants must be dropped off and picked up by a parent. Parents may drop off their student outside, but are required to come inside to pick up their child. Once participants enter the dance, they are not allowed to leave without an adult.
Only 6th, 7th and 8th graders will be allowed to participate at a Middle School Dance. Anyone known or suspected of violating the age rule will be immediately brought to a dance supervisor’s attention.
No dangerous or inappropriate items will be allowed in the dance, including:
- Drugs or alcohol of any kind (prescription or emergency medication should be checked in with the staff when entering the dance)
- Knives or other weapons, or anything that could be used as a weapon
- Glass or anything that has glass – perfume or cologne bottles, drinks, etc.
- Cameras or video recorders
- Gum or anything excessively sticky
- Fireworks, lighters or matches
- Outside food or beverages
- Physical or verbal abuse or intimidation will NOT be accepted
- Anyone violating this should be immediately brought to a dance supervisor’s attention
- Any fighting will result in an indefinite suspension from future dances
- While dancing, there should be no contact in areas covered by a swimsuit
- Making out is not acceptable behavior
- Grinding will not be tolerated
- Everyone must have their own seat (no sitting on anyone else’s lap)
- No running through the gym
- No wrestling or rough horseplay
- All participants will be expected to be respectful to themselves, other participants and staff before, during and after the dance
- There will be a dress code enforced at the dance:
- No inappropriate body parts or undergarments visible
- No strapless, low-cut tops or bare midriffs